Web marketing mix 4S is an alternative to the marketing mixes 4P and 4C. This model of the marketing mix was developed by Efthymios Constantindes as a framewrok for the marketing activities management implemented through the internet, known as Internet marketing.
Individual letters “S” mean:
- Scope (strategy) - it includes strategic activities - linking the internet activities of the organization with its marketing strategy, market analysis, setting objectives and organization’s tasks, definition of the potential customers and analysis of thier purchasing behavior on the web
- Site - websites today are often the main way of the communication (and sales) between the organization and its customers. For the design of the succesful sites is therefore crucial to find out:
- What are the expactations of the customers to the site?
- Why would they want to use the site?
- Why would they want to return to the site?
- Synergy - to ensure the synergies of three key components:
- Front Office Integration - linking of the internet activites with other marketing activites of the organization (a single form of the communication, identical symblos, logs, uniform branding)
- Back Office Integration - linking the internet activities with other processes within the organization and with related IT infrastructure and services
- Integration with external partners - linking the site with the site and IT services of the third party
- System - it includes the management and operation of all the technological background of the website (hardware, software, network infrastructure and related IT services - administration of the web site, payment system, web traffic monitoring)