RFP (Request for Proposal) is a document issued in order to get proposals from potential suppliers. It’s a request for an offer.
What is the use of RFP?
We write an RFP when we need to get proposals from prospective suppliers.
What should be included in a basic RFP?
An RFP should be as detailed as needed so that the contacted suppliers are able to work out a proposal. It should much more detailed than RFI or RFQ. It should contain:
- objectives of the delivery
- contact information
- requirements of the contracting entity
- mode of accepting the delivery
- deadline for submitting the bid proposal
- delivery dates
- payment terms and price requirements