RASCI Responsibility Matrix, sometimes also just RASCI Matrix. It is one of the methods used to assign and display responsibilities of individuals or jobs (people) in a task (project, service or process) in the organization. RASCI (sometimes RASIC) is an acronym from the initial letters of words:
- R - Responsible - who is responsible for carrying out the entrusted task?
- A - Accountable (also Approver) - who is responsible for the whole task and who is responsible for what has been done?
- S - Support - who provides support during the implementation of the activity / process / service?
- C - Consulted - who can provide valuable advice or consultation for the task?
- I - Informed - who should be informed about the task progress or the decisions in the task?
How to use RASCI matrix in practice and what is for?
RASCI matrix is used for the allocation and assignment of responsibilities to the team members in projects, processes or their parts. Use the letters R A S C I in the matrix in order to descibe level of responsibility. There is a rule applied that the overall responsibility (A - Accountability) has the only one person. The people involved (R - Responsibility) should be adequate to the task. Method RASCI is a simple form of competence model and expansion of RACI matrix by people that support the execution of their mission.
RASCI matrix example: source - OneSoft Connect
You cannot contribute to the discussion because it is locked