Term quality is used in all areas of the organization, manufacturing, engineering, business and the services sector. There are numerous definitions of quality:
- Business dictionary defines quality as “a measure of excellence or a state of being free from defects, deficiencies, and significant variations“.
- Joseph M. Juran defines quality as “fitness for purpose”.
- Philip B. Crosby defines quality as “compliance to requirements”.
- Armand Vallin Feigenbaum defines quality as follows: “The quality of the product is the sum of all its production design and technical characteristics that determine the level at which the product will fill the customer’s expectations.”
- ISO 9001 defines quality as “a degree to which a set of inherent characteristics fulfills requirements. While according to the standard, requirements are expected (e.g. customers) or mandatory (e.g. according to standards).”
Using the concept of quality in practice: Term is used to describe good qualities of goods or service. From a management perspective, the concept of quality is associated with a management system that creates high-quality products (goods or services) that a consumer appreciates or which are required by any standard or norm.
Related terms and methods:
- CAF (Common Assessment Framework)
- Deming Cycle (PDCA Cycle)
- DMAIC - Improvement Cycle
- EFQM Excellence Model
- ISO 9001 Quality management systems
- Six Sigma
- TQM (Total Quality Management)
- Basic terms in management
Related management field: