Use of programs in project management in practice: A typical example of program is the introduction of a new enterprise application, such as an introduction of the system for the human resources management, which involves multiple interrelated projects and activities that must be coordinated and managed together.
Program management has similar characteristics as the management of individual projects, thus creating a hierarchical structure of projects, and coordination does not take place at the level of individual steps of the project, but lies in overall coordination of the entire set of the projects.
Related terms and methods:
- Gantt Chart (relations between programs)
- Matrix Organizational Structure
- Project Schedule / Program schedule
- Project Portfolio
- Project Plan / Program plan
- Project Manager / Program manager
Related management field: