Penetration test or **Pen test is a test or attempt to assess the level of security mechanisms using a simulation of real situations that could be used by potential attacker. Its aim is to detect weak points (ie. Vulnerabilities) through the knowledge of different attacking techniques. The test is results from penetration testing to be carried out either by someone from our company or by external specialist that performs the test. Penetration test conducted by a specialist is always better because he knows more attacking techniques and can therefore reveal more weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
What can a penetration test to check?
- Unauthorized access somewhere
- Forced or violent entry somewhere
- Protection against attack
- Unavailability of service or removing something from operation
- Obtain confidential, or otherwise sensitive information důležotých
What kinds of penetration tests exist?
- Test of T Infrastructure (focused on infrastructure weaknesses)
- Penetration test of the software or applications (focused on software weaknesses)
- Test of the physical security (e.g. penetration into guarded property, building or grounds)
- Test of penetration into a device (eg. To a PC, phone, router, etc.)
- and many others