M_o_R® (Management of Risk) is a framework designed for risk management in the organization. It is owned and published by the Cabinet Office (ex OGC). M_o_R is a flexible and robust framework that enables organizations to re-evaluate their risks.
M_o_R methodology in practice: Management of Risk is a framework, a set of recommendations that help assess the risks from several levels (perspectives): strategic, program, project and operational.
The MoR Framework is divided into three publications:
- M_o_R Principles - basics of risk management
- M_o_R Approach - how the management principles are adopted in the specific organization
- M_o_R Processes - defines four basic processes of risk management - inputs, outputs, activities, evaluation and control
It is designed for decision makers and managers who are responsible for risk management across the organization.
Related terms and methods:
- MoP ® (Management of Portfolios)
- MoV ® (Management of Value)
- P3O ® (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices)
- P3M3 ® (The Portfolio, Programme, and Project Management Maturity Model)
- MSP ® (Managing Successful Programmes)
- PRINCE2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environment)
- Program (in Project Management)
Related management fields:
- CRO (Chief Risk Officer)
- Project Manager
Note: M_o_R® is a registered trademark of Cabinet Office.