- Planning - to know planning techniques and be able to apply them in practice
- Organizing - to know organizing techniques and be able to apply them
- People management - the ability to manage people (it is a typical hard skill - work allocation, monitoring, etc.)
- Leadership . the ability to lead people (it is a typical soft skill - to motivate, inspire, coach, etc.)
- Communicating - to be a good communicator
- Decision making - to know decision making techniques and be able to practically aplly them
- Problem solving - to be able to solve problems
It is essential that managerial skills can be partially obtained in the course of higher management education and partially they are acquired by practicing. The MBA studies also focuses on managerial skills.