itSMF (IT Service Management Forum) is an internationally operating independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to all aspects of the service management of information and communication technologies. ITIL is a worldwide standard for this area, and its resulting standard ISO 20000. itSMF is currently perceived as a forum for users of the standard, but which at the same time significantly affects the development of the ICT management.
itSMF was founded in 1991 in the UK. It has established national branches in 54 countries, and in 27 countries their establishment is under preparation.
Mission and objectives the itSMF are as follows:
- Allow their members to share their knowledge and experience in the field of ICT services
- Create a communication platform across the informatics industry
- Provide specific instructions to improve performance of business informatics
- Increase the professionalism of experts in the management of ICT services
- Facilitate further development and dissemination of best practice in this field
Related terms and methods:
Related management field: