IFMA (International Facility Management Association) is an internationally operating, the largest global and most widely recognized professional association for facility managers. IFMA was established in 1980, with the aim of conducting surveys, providing and developing educational and certification programs.
- IFMA organizes the World Workplace, the largest world conference and exhibition with the topic of facility management (see international sources)
IFMA issues certification programs focused on the facility manager:
- FMP (Facility Management Professional®)
- SFP (Sustainability Facility Professional™)
- CFM (Certified Facility Manager®)
- IFMA publishes the Facility Management Online Journal (see international sources)
Current state (May 2012):
- IFMA has more than 20,000 members in more than 65 countries.