DMAIC - Improvement Cycle is a universally applicable method of gradual improvement that is an integral part of the method Six Sigma. It is used for any improvement - for example, quality of products, services, processes, applications, data. Each stage in the cycle helps achieve a real improvement. It is an improved PDCA cycle.
Improvement cycle phases are:
- D (Define) - objectives are defined, it is described subject and improvement objectives (product, service, process, data, etc.)
- M (Measure) - measurement of initial conditions in term of the principle “what I don’t measure, that I don’t control”
- A (Analyze) - analysis of the facts, causes of deficiencies
- I (Improve) - key phase of the whole cycle, in which the improvement is based on analyzed and measured facts
- C (Control) - improved deficiency should be introduced - to manage and maintain the improvements in life