CSO is one of the top managers in the organization, it is a person responsible for the field of marketing and sales. CSO’s task is the responsibility for marketing, customer relationship management, sales of products or services, for employees’ development and for aligning the objectives of the organization with customers’ needs. CSO’s main responsibility is sales of goods and services, planning of sales of goods and services. Sales Director together with CEO set the product strategy and product portfolio. They balance the needs of the organization and its customers, decide on the determination of optimal sales channels and also maintain strategic relationships with key customers.
Likewise other managers, CSO’s managerial challenge is to plan, lead, organize, decision making and control the people, processes and information in the field of informatics. CSO may delegate a part of his authority and responsibility to other top managers or managers of lower levels.
Along with the CSO, the top management usually consists of:
- Director General, also uses the acronym CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- Chief Financial Officer, also uses the acronym CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
- Chief Operations Officer, also uses the acronym COO (Chief Operations Officer)
- Personnel Director, also uses the acronym CHRO (Chief Human Resources Officer)
- ICT Director, also uses the acronym CIO (Chief Information Officer)
Related terms and methods:
Related management fields: