Control is one of the basic managerial functions. It brings the necessary feedback to the management system and allows the following to be adjusted, in particular:
- Plans and strategy (global and partial)
- Organizational structure, architecture, social network, processes etc.
- Performance and efficient use of resources (human, financial, material, immaterial)
- Quality management
Control is the systematic monitoring and critical evaluation of behavior of various occurring phenomena, situations and processes in the organization or its surroundings. The main purpose is adjusting the organization to a desired direction. Using control, management can forsee preventable adverse negative phenomena and control is therefore also related to risk management.
Analytical techniques used in controlling:
Key terms in a field of control:
- Due Diligence
- Managerial Functions / Activities
- Resources (Business resources)
Related management fields: