Use the TP-Link Wi-Fi router to increase the range of your home network. The TP-Link router is reliable to use and simple to use. It can fulfill your all required Wi-Fi needs that you expect from a networking device. The TP Link setup is easy and simple via http://tplinkwifi.net. You can sign in to the tp link admin page through tplinkwifi.net. In this article, we will guide you on tplinkwifi.net setup. Go through the article to know more.
Positioning the router at the right location is very important. Before you proceed, keep the below steps in your mind:
What is an optimal location to place the TP-Link Router?
- Select a place where the router will not expose to the moisture or excessive heat.
- Choose a location to place your router where you can connect it to the wireless devices as well as to the power source easily.
- Try to place your router on a shelf or desktop.
- Keep your router from any electronic devices such as microwave, Bluetooth, cordless phone, etc.
How to install the TP-Link Router?
- Turn off the modem.
- Turn off the TP-Link router.
- Take an Ethernet cable and attach it from your existing modem to the Internet port of the router.
- Turn on the modem and wait for some time.
- Turn on the TP-Link Wi-Fi router and wait for the power LED to light up.
Before you start the tplinkwifi.net setup, you need to perform the login process. For this, you have to connect the TP-Link router to your computer. There are two ways to connect to the router’s network:
- a) Wired Connection
- b) Wireless Connection
Log into the tplinkwifi.net setup page
We are going to use the wired connection to connect your router to the computer. Follow the below steps to access the tp link admin page:
- Use the Ethernet cable and attach it from your PC to the LAN port of the TP-Link router.
- Also, turn off the Wi-Fi on your PC.
- Now, launch a web browser on your PC and enter the default login address http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar of the browser. Press ‘Enter’.
- A login screen appears which would be asking to enter the username and password. Enter the login details that you have set for the router. If not, then use the default username and password to access the tp link admin
- Look for the default credentials on the router’s back. Click ‘Login’.
Configure the TP-Link Router Settings
It is easy to configure the TP-Link router using the quick setup wizard. The smart wizard will walk you through the TP Link setup process:
- On the TP-Link web management page, click the ‘Quick Setup’.
- Smart setup wizard provides you managed online instructions to configure your router.
- Follow the online instructions and connect your router to the Wi-Fi.
- Next, click the ‘Basic’ settings and select the ‘Wireless’ to modify your internet connection settings.
- Now, choose the ‘Internet Connection Type’. You can choose Static/Dynamic/PPPoE/L2TP/PPTP from the list.
- Click ‘Apply’ and save the changes that you have made.
- Now, click the Network map and check the status of the Internet connection.
How to troubleshoot ‘tplinkwifi.net not working’ error?
There might be various reasons for this issue. Follow the below steps to resolve this error:
- Make sure your internet is working properly.
- Check the wired connections between the computer and your TP-Link router.
- Make sure you have entered the correct web address http://tplinkwifi.net.
- Use another browser or computer to browse to the tplinkwifi.net.
- Make sure all the LEDs are on and working fine.
- Your network adapter might be faulty. Try to change the adapter.
- If all the above steps failed, reset your TP-Link device to the factory defaults.
How to reset the TP-Link Wi-Fi Router?
Look for the reset button and long press the reset button. Hold the button with a paper clip until the LED starts to blink. Release the button when the LED becomes solid. Your TP-Link router has been reset to the factory defaults. Now, set up or configure the TP-Link router again.
This was all about the TP Link setup process. If you face any issue or have any queries related to the TP-Link router login, contact us now. We have a group of technicians who are experts in troubleshooting all the router related problems. To contact us, dial our toll-free no or do a live chat via a live chat window.