To ensure the smooth functioning of Netgear orbi, it is recommended to update its firmware whenever a new version available. Both the orbi router and satellite are set to update their firmware automatically. However, sometimes, your router and satellite may fail to auto-update their firmware. And the Netgear orbi firmware update failure may result in a lot of issues. Generally, this issue happens because of a weak or slow internet connection. Fortunately, orbi firmware update failed error can be resolved with a few simple troubleshooting tips. And this post covers all those troubleshooting tips to help you fix the orbi firmware issues.
To update the firmware on your Orbi router, do the following:
- Return to http://orbilogin.com.
- The BASIC Home page displays.
- Go back to the Firmware Update page:
- Select ADVANCED > Administration > Firmware Update.
- Click the Manual Update tab.
- Click the Browse button, then locate and select the file that ends in .img on your desktop.
- Be careful not to select the wrong file.
- Click the UPLOAD button to upload the firmware file.
- It takes a few minutes to finish the process.
- The page adjusts.
- Click the YES button to continue.
- After the Orbi router finishes updating, double check the firmware version in the upper-right corner.
- The firmware on your Orbi router is updated.