Attention is a term designating mental cognitive process allowing the focus the perception in a certain direction.
Attention therefore acts as selective stimuli filter entering consciousness (Donald Broadbent). Basic properties of attention are:
- Selectivity - the ability to focus in a particular direction
- Concentration - the ability to reduce the current number of psychic contents
- Distribution - the ability to divide in a certain extent, attention between several stimuli
- Capacity (Range) - the ability to handle only a certain number of stimuli
- Stability and fluctuation - the ability to alternate attention between multiple stimuli (volatilization of attention)
Practical use of attention: The ability to attract the attention of potential customers is crucial in marketing, promotion and advertising. For example, marketing method AIDA effectively works with the attention.
You cannot contribute to the discussion because it is locked